Quinio is a technology company that acquires and builds brands that sell through e-commerce channels such as Marketplaces (i.e. Amazon, MercadoLibre) or D2C channels (i.e. Shopify). We are passionate about good products and bringing the best to Latin American homes. We seek to become the largest seller of consumer products in the e-commerce ecosystem in Latin America. We are a team of world-class operators and are backed by extraordinary venture capital funds, angel investors, and successful entrepreneurs. Be among the first to join the team and help us take Quinio to the next level.
We are passionate about successful products and taking them to consumer homes across Latin America. By acquiring and executing our operational plans for these brands, we’re on track to become the largest e-commerce conglomerate in the region. We are world-class operators backed by extraordinary Venture Capital funds, Entrepreneurs, and Angel Investors.
Be one of the first to join our team and help us scale Quinio. As an Investment Associate, you’ll play a key role in helping us reach our mission.
What we are looking for from our Legal Manager:
- Excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
- Strong team player and good business sense
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks
- Thrives working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Organized, detail-oriented, resourceful, self-starter, and flexible.
Who you are:
- Law Bachelor’s Graduates with a maximum of 2 or 3 years of experience with a GPA of at least 8/10.
- Experience and knowledge in M&A transactions, corporate law, corporate governance, and IP.
- Nice to have experience and knowledge in labor law, foreign investment reporting obligations, FCPA, and data protection.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both in English and Spanish.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a non-legal audience
- Computer skills, including, Word and other applications.
What you’ll do:
- Draft and participate in the negotiation of share and asset purchase agreements, and ancillary instruments documenting the acquisition of targets.
- Conduct legal due diligence of targets and identify red flags that must be addressed in the negotiation and drafting of agreements.
- Draft and review legal documents and provide risk assessment and suggestions to enhance business value while mitigating downside risk across multiple areas.
- Participate in the negotiation of the legal instruments documenting Quinio’s financing.
- Anticipate and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current laws relevant to Quinio’s business to provide strategic advice and foster compliance
- Monitor Quinio’s compliance with contractual obligations with lenders, investors, and sellers.
- Prepare corporate documentation, including incorporation deeds, shareholders’ meeting minutes, and corporate bookkeeping.
- Carrying out procedures before the IMPI, including intellectual property registration and registration of change of ownership in trademarks.
Quinio has a unique combination of experience in e-commerce, Amazon, Mercado Libre, technology, and investments. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience and responsibility in a startup that is backed by top-tier investors such as AlleyCorp, Cometa, DILA Capital, WTI, and GBM Ventures. As part of Quinio, you will have the opportunity to work on meaningful projects that will immediately impact our performance while working alongside the best group of professionals and entrepreneurs.